Monday, April 28, 2014

Setting up your War Base

Come at me!
At the time of this writing, setting up your war base is extremely non-intuitive and generally is a pain. I expect that they'll patch this (eventually) but for now we're stuck with the current system.

Here are a few things you should know about setting up your war base.




During the first day of the war, any changes you make to your main base will be updated in your war base. This continues unlit the first day's time expires and then your war base is frozen for the rest of the war.

In your war base anything upgrading (building or hero) will appear at their lower level instead of under construction and your traps, xbox and inferno towers will automatically refill/reset after every attack. Finally any troops donated to your clan castle after the first day will be refreshed after every attack.

So what do?

First consider what your main base is set up for. If you're the 99%:

  • protecting resources
  • don't care about getting 50% destroyed
Here is my main base at the moment:
Defend the resource storages!

However, your war base set-up should be different. Importantly:
  1. you no longer care about resource storages, get them out of the middle!
  2. you need to worry about getting 50%ed for an extra star
  3. you need to protect your clan castle
With this in mind, a few hours before the first day expires, I wait until I have a shield and then re-arrange my base. I move all the resource storages out and move my defenses in! In the end it looks something like this:

Defend the Clan Castle!

I'm not claiming this layout is an optimal base, I'd say far from it, however the important part to note here is that all the resource storages have been moved on the outer ring in favor of getting defenses close as possible.

As soon as the timer expires I move all the buildings back and I'm good to go in the war!

No comments:

Post a Comment