Monday, April 28, 2014

Which clan castle troops do you want defending in clan wars? We report and decide

Don't ever use most of us!
In which I make a list of every troop ever in CoC and put one bullet under them saying pro: and one saying con: but then get tired of doing that towards the very end and just put short phrases like "same as above" or "no".

Don't want to read that? Neither do I.

In clan wars there are a bunch of troops that you should never, ever donate so let's just rule out everything except: archers, wizards, dragons and minions.

My criteria for choosing the above:
  • they can attack ground and air
  • high DPS
"But, but, but my favorite X troop is the bomb and this one time it totally killed all the things!"

Super...

In my clan players fall into the "dragon omg" and "wizard omz" camps (though they really don't care that much) with archers to fill the rest. You can run a straight pop/hp/dps comparison and see which you prefer (wizards!)

But, assuming you've followed my advice on clan castle placement, I think there is another element most people don't consider: how long it takes the enemy to empty your clan castle.

Once you've made it very hard for them to empty your clan castle, your attacker will pay dearly for every second they have a troop in place to empty your castle. I'm not sure, but I estimate that the troops deploy out at approximately 2 per second. We want to make this deployment last as long as possible!

This means dragons are probably out, and things like archers and minions are in with wizards used sparingly. We can't go all archers or all minions because a well placed lightning spell will make you sad. I do, however, think a mix of archers, minions and wizards could be very effective! I haven't been probably attacked in a while (due to this) but I plan to give it a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment